VERMILLION COUNTY, INDIANA SHERIFF’S SALE RULES/INFORMATION
ALL SALES ARE BUYER BEWARE AND FINAL!
The Sheriff offers no warranties express or implied on the real estate
SRI Services handles all Vermillion County Sheriff Sales. See their site here
Date, Time and Location of Sales:
- All sales are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every other month.
- All sales are scheduled at 10 A.M. local time (ET) and end at 11:00 A.M.
- All sales are held online at www.zeusauction.com. All dates, times, and locations of sales may be changed if necessary and with proper notice.
- The sale is subject to all liens, encumbrances, and easements of record.
- It is the bidders responsibility to perform research on the real estate to understand the circumstances of each property.
1. The minimum bids (beginning bids) are entered on the SRI website (www.sriservices.com) as soon as SRI receives them. The property will not sell for any less than the minimum bid. You may check the website at any time to make sure the property has not been cancelled.
2. There is registration required at www.zeusauction.com to be able to bid at the online sheriff sales.
3. You must be online to bid on properties being offered.
If you are a successful bidder:
- The entire amount of your bid is due by 3 p.m. (ET) to the Vermillion County Sheriff in the form of a cashier’s check;
- Failure to pay the winning bid amount within the time allotted may result in the successful bidder being held responsible for damages, interest, costs, and bid deficiencies pursuant to Indiana Code: 32-29-7-9.
- Your sheriff’s deed will be provided to you within 2 weeks following the sale date;
- You are responsible for completing your own sales disclosure form to transfer the property with the auditor; and
- You are responsible for recording your deed with the recorder.
Liens on property:
It is highly recommended that any person interested in purchasing a property at a sheriff’s sale should perform a title search to ensure there are no other existing liens or encumbrances that may follow the property (that you, as a buyer, will be responsible for). You can contact any attorney or local title company for further information.
QUESTIONS: SRI SHERIFF SALES DEPARTMENT 800-800-9588 Option 2 or