VERMILLION COUNTY, INDIANA SHERIFF’S SALE RULES/INFORMATION
ALL SALES ARE BUYER BEWARE AND FINAL!
SRI Services handles all Vermillion County Sheriff Sales. See their site here
Date, Time and Location of Sales:
1. All sales are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every other month.
2. All sales are scheduled at 2 P.M. local time (ET)
3. All sales are held at the Vermillion County Sheriff’s Office/Jail Lobby: 1888 S IN-63, Hillsdale, IN 47854. All dates, times, and locations of sales may be changed if necessary and with proper notice.
1. The minimum bids (beginning bids) are entered on the SRI website (www.sriservices.com) as soon as SRI receives them. The property will not sell for any less than the minimum bid. You may check the website at any time to make sure the property has not been cancelled.
2. There is no registration to be able to bid at the sheriff sales.
3. You must be present to bid on properties being offered.
4. If you are a successful bidder:
- The entire amount of your bid is due by 4 p.m. (ET) to the Vermillion County Sheriff in the form of a cashier’s check;
- Your sheriff’s deed will be provided to you within a week following the sale date;
- You are responsible for completing your own sales disclosure form to transfer the property with the auditor; and
- You are responsible for recording your deed with the recorder.
Liens on property:
Although real estate taxes are current on the date of sale, it is highly recommended that any person interested in purchasing a property at a sheriff’s sale should perform a title search to ensure there are no other existing liens or encumbrances that may follow the property (that you, as a buyer, will be responsible for). You can contact any attorney or local title company for further information.
QUESTIONS: SRI SHERIFF SALES DEPARTMENT 800-858-5292